Title: Clinical Program Manager/Clinical Supervsior
Job Code: 021
Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency. Hires, develops, trains, manages, and retains clinical program staff and a clinical team(s) to ensure customer satisfaction and culturally competent service delivery. Functions as the liaison between team and community partners. Provides fiscal stewardship of team, acts as a bridge between fiscal and other departments. Ensures provision of high quality service by program staff consistent with the scope of practice applicable as a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts as defined by Medi-Cal regulations and the California Welfare & Institutions (W&I) Code.
1. Ensures effective coordination of services for youth and families with other providers, both internal and external, by supporting the development of constructive relationships and problem-solving barriers.
2. Develops, interprets and ensures consistent implementation of clinical program philosophy, objectives, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
3. Analyzes and integrates the use of outcome data to improve clinical service delivery within assigned team.
4. Ensures and monitors defined outcome achievement for youth and families, as well as satisfaction levels for youth, families, and referring workers and agencies.
5. Initiates and participates in organizational quality improvement efforts. Lead and/or delegate work groups to respond to program development needs.
6. Ensures compliance with all policy and procedures including adherence to all licensing, quality, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), compliance and regulatory standards .
7. Leads and manages change.
8. Proactively identifies potential conflicts; leads parties to consensus and develops same skills in direct reports.
9. Manages to ensure fiscally viable programming.
10. Ensures staff billable productivity and other revenue related activities meet or exceed revenue forecasts.
11. Ensures effective quality clinical services delivery for assigned youth and families.
12. Provides effective crisis and risk prevention and management.
13. Partners with county referring departments, agencies and the community to ensure comprehensive care.
14. Participates in staff development; hires, coaches, mentors, supervises, conducts direct field observations, trains, disciplines, and terminates.
15. Ensures clinical documentation and quality assurance meets both agency and payor standards, ensuring audit ready charts and continuous quality improvement.
16. Provides 24/7 availability as needed. Culturally responsive to internal and external customers, and ensures family voice.
17. Provides direct services to families and children, as support to the direct service staff, to ensure smooth delivery of service to assigned families and youth.
18. Provides outreach to the community including education about agency, program and general mental health and foster care topics.
19. Advocates for system change in relationship to agency service delivery philosophy.
20. Manages day-to-day operations including utilization of all administrative electronic systems, human, and other resources.
21 Works collaboratively with managerial peers to develop and improve program delivery and ensure adherence to fiscal requirements.
22. Ensures that Child Care Licensing (CCL) regulations and policy and procedures relating to certification of families are upheld and followed and that the youths needs are met.23. Employee is required to meet applicable productivity and documentation requirements Other Duties 1. Driving to appointments with clients and their families or other key contacts 2. Physical interactions with children of variable ages such as, but not limited to, games, sports and other activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
• Master’s Degree (MA/ MS) in Psychology, Social Work or related field required
• Five (5) years of direct clinical experience required, including three (3) years experience in the area of children’s mental health preferred.
• Experience working with Serious Emotional Disabilities (SED) youth required.
• California licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) required
• Experience interfacing with County agencies preferred.
• Bilingual and/or bi-cultural knowledge and experience preferred.• Ability to provide supervision for clinical hours
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance, if applicable.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition, this position requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing, and kneeling.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position. I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated for this position. I agree to keep all of my required certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department. I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor. As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow employees.IND123
Sheila, Emily's Mom